Internally, SCI has created a “Green Team” and annually participates in the RCGA Green Business Challenge to help improve the sustainability of business operations. Sustainability actions include energy, indoor environmental quality, waste, water, and transportation. Listed below are some descriptions that highlight our focus on sustainability.
- Implemented Single Stream Recycling practices in all offices
- Eliminated the use of bottled water and Styrofoam
- Stock re-usable items such as plates, mugs, water pitchers and silverware
- Installation of high efficiency lighting and motion-activated switches in our offices
- Participate in RideFinders
- Use WebX for conferencing between offices
- Enforce a ‘no idling’ policy around all office buildings
- Use only local vendors for office supplies and implemented sustainability guidelines for purchasing
- Re-use of discarded concrete for erosion control, stabilization along creek banks, edging along gardens, and patio pavers
Green Business Challenge
The Green Business Challenge is presented by the Regional Chamber of Commerce to assist member-companies and organizations in adopting sustainable business practices that can help grow our region’s green economy, reduce environmental impact and improve bottom lines. SCI has participated in the RCGA Green Business Challenge since the program’s inception in 2010.
Race for the Rivers
SCI participates in and donates to the Race for the Rivers annual event sponsored by the Greenway Network. Held in Frontier Park in historic St. Charles, MO, the race, ride, and festival is held every August.
SCI welcomes client participation and would love to canoe, kayak, or bike ride with participating companies.
Learn more about the Race for the Rivers events at: https://www.racefortherivers.org/